About this property
As soon as you enter this 1.34 acres property in the leafy upmarket neighborhood of Spring Valley you’re transported away from the hustle and bustle of Nairobi and into a home for those who appreciate nature. A small path leads to the house which is hidden away in the well maintained mature garden with beautiful large trees hosting a wide diversity of birds. The original house has been completely renovated and provides old world charm fused with modern practicalities and aesthetics. Every room offers views of the lush garden through extra large windows which let in sunlight during both dawn and dusk. An experience rare to be found.
The house has been well planned with an upper level providing the main accommodation: open plan kitchen, living and dining area giving to a sizeable terrace with a refreshing sight of the garden, bedroom and bathroom with bathtub ensuite.
The lower level includes a second kitchen, family room, 2 bedrooms, a bathroom and a large semi-covered verandah that is perfect for entertaining large groups while enjoying the garden. The layout offers the potential to convert the house into 2 flats if desired. Tucked away in the garden is a rondavel (small gazebo) with its own bathroom and outside terrace. It can function as an artist studio, meditation/exercise area or self-contained guest room. The 100 msq staff accommodation has 5 rooms, 2 bathrooms, and a large common area.
The 1.34 acres plot has development options for 3 units.
- Secure and peaceful estate with barricaded entrances.
- The lounge area has a fireplace with a 2-way glass panel for radiating heat from both ends.
- Family room with fireplace with direct access to the garden.
- Wooden finishings throughout the house.
- Main kitchen sink fitted with a water purifier.
- Separate Laundry Area.
- Carport for 6 cars and some more space on the driveway for 4 more cars.
- 45,000 liters of water storage.
- Solar water heating
- LED lighting throughout the house which lowers power consumption.
- Multiple storage rooms outside and inside the house.
- 6 battery inverter
Price: KES 165 million o.n.o